*If there is an error on your class schedule, we will work together to get it fixed. Please be patient - the guidance office will be working through many schedule changes.*
- YES, you WILL need your instrument/equipment on Wednesday & for the remainder of the year.
- Many of our concert instruments are still being professionally cleaned and sanitized. They will be checked out as soon as we receive them.
- Instrument lockers are for your instrument and music only.
- The Band Hall will not open until 8:45am each morning. The ONLY exceptions for an earlier entry would be for a pre-arranged band sectional, rehearsal, or private lesson.
- Students may wait in the Band Hall on Tuesday/Thursday before evening rehearsal, Friday before a football game, or daily for afternoon lessons. If students go anywhere else, they will be asked to leave the building - sorry, this is a school rule. Plan accordingly.
- If you are signed up for a before school lesson time-slot, remember to have your planner signed the day before your lesson, and bring it with you that morning, or you will not be allowed inside the building. All students will receive their planner on Wednesday.
Monday - Teacher Pre-Planning; Jazz 1 Rehearsal, 4:00-6:00p
Tuesday - Teacher Pre-Planning; Marching Rehearsal, 5:00-9:00p
Wednesday - First Day of School! - Florida All-State Help Session**, 3:30-4:15p;
*MANY new school forms will be coming home
*Students interested in taking a Band HONORS course should pick up a request form in the band room (specific criteria needs to be first met)
**Any student interested in auditioning for an All-State ensemble is highly encouraged to attend any portion of the help session.
Thursday - Marching Rehearsal, 5:00-9:00p
Friday - Patriot Night Football Game - call time is 4:15p
*Students should wear their 2022 Band T-shirt, khaki shorts, and tennis shoes
*Long hair will need to be pulled back - no hats, but sunglasses are permitted
*All Students MUST bring their own pre-filled large water jug. This will be a long night, so this is necessary to stay hydrated throughout the evening.
*The band will be performing from the stands only - no field performance
A couple of reminders!
ALL rehearsals, sectionals & performances are ALWAYS mandatory!
Please email a director for every rehearsal absence - in advance when possible! This MUST be a note from a parent or guardian, not the student. Failure to do so can affect their grade or future performance opportunities.
Students who miss the Thursday evening rehearsal (excused OR unexcused) will not be permitted to do the field performance that weekend. This policy is listed in the Band Handbook.