Points of Pride - 2012-2013
Showcase of Champions
- Straight Superior ratings at the Tate High School "Showcase of Champions" on October 6th.
- Straight Superior ratings at the Florida Bandmaster's Association Marching Music Performance Assessment held at Fort Walton Beach High School on October 13th.
Emerald Coast Marching Classic
- One of only four bands to receive a "Distinguished" rating at the Choctawhatchee High School "Emerald Coast Marching Classic" on October 20th. Additionally, Pace took home an Overall 2nd Place Trophy, beating out rival bands from Florida, Alabama, Mississippi, and Georgia.
Chik-Fil-A "Battle of the Bands"
- On October 26th, the Pace Band won the Chick-Fil-A "Battle of the Bands" trophy against rival, Milton High School.
- In late October, three students auditioned and were selected to be members of the Mobile Youth Orchestra.
- Jacob Jackson, oboe
- Jordan Bicasan, violin
- Emily Monson, flute
- During Homecoming Week at Pace High School, eight band students were nominated to the Homecoming Court.
- Heather Abbott, senior
- Kasey DeHaan, senior
- John-Michael Dieckmann, senior
- Lance Gibson, senior
- Jillian Godwin, freshman
- Hannah Harley, junior
- Victor Mendoza, senior
- Amy Russo, junior.
- On October 31st, Loren Stone (sophomore trumpet) sang the National Anthem at the Homecoming Assembly during Homecoming week.
Catherine sings the National Anthem
- On November 2nd, Catherine Tran (senior trombone) sang the National Anthem at the Homecoming Game vs. Catholic High School.
Jennifer Waters at FSU
- Three students were chosen to participate in the Florida State University Tri-State Honor Band weekend in early December.
- Two students were selected to perform with the Florida All-State High School Honors Band in Tampa, FL in January.
Santa Rosa All-County Honor Band
- Pace Band students represented a whopping 49% of the members selected for the 2013 Santa Rosa All-County Honor Band! This year's band was under the direction of former Pace Band director, Mr. Jim Knight.
USM All-South Honor Band
- Seventeen students were selected for the 2013 University of Southern Mississippi All-South Honor Band Clinic, held on February 7-10th.
*Also worth mentioning, the students traveled in a stretch Hummer Limo to Hattiesburg, MS.
- 112 Individual Superior Ratings including a 27 member brass choir and 30 member woodwind choir were earned at the District 1 Solo and Ensemble Contest on February 15th, 2013, at Gulf Breeze High School.
- Winners of the 2013 Pace Band Concerto Competition on February 20th, 2013:
2nd place – Courtney Woolfolk, flute
3rd place – John-Michael Dieckmann, alto saxophone
Judges for the competition were Kelly Deklinski, Choctawhatchee High School; Dean Barrow, Navarre High School; and Michael Schultz, Milton High School.
- The Jazz Ensemble earned a Superior rating at Jazz MPA on February 22nd, 2013 at Fort Walton Beach High School.
- Wind Ensemble earned straight Superior ratings at Concert MPA on March 8th, 2013 at Pensacola High School; Symphonic Band and Concert Band both earned an overall Excellent rating.
- The Indoor Color Guard attended WGI's Southeastern Championships on March 22nd, 2013 and earned a placement in finals competition. On March 23rd the color guard placed 12th (out of 15) in finals and had two students, Jamie Newberry and Koral Major, participate in a master class with So You Think You Can Dance instructor, Mia Michaels.
- Nine students performed at the Florida State Solo and Ensemble Contest at West Port High School in Ocala, FL on March 25th, 2013.
Varsity Winterguard at Circuit Championships
- On Saturday April 6th, 2013 all Pace High School Indoor ensembles performed at the Gulfcoast Color Guard and Percussion Circuit Championships at Tate High School. Each of these talented, hard working ensembles earned a medal in their respective classes!
Scholastic A Class
Pace Varsity Winterguard - Gold Medal - 84.08
Scholastic Novice Class
Pace Cadets - Silver Medal - 68.02
Scholastic Open Class
Pace Indoor Percussion - Bronze Medal - 83.25
- On Friday April 5th, 2013 Catherine Tran was awarded the Pace High School "Pacesetter Award", which is one of the highest awards a senior can receive.
- On Monday April 8th, 2013 Adrian Hattan (alto saxophone) and Terrance Williams (tuba) found out that they were nominated for the Inaugural Florida Nine Star Honor Band. Only currently enrolled Freshmen who have demonstrated a consistent high level of musicianship and leadership were chosen. These students will receive the honor to rehearse and perform with a guest conductor in Altamonte Springs, FL in July 2013.
- On Friday May 3rd, 2013 the Wind Ensemble received a "Gold Standard" (equivalent to a Superior Rating) at the Southern Star Music Festival in Atlanta, GA.