- DATES: Our first camp is June 14-18th, 3:00p-9:00p. Arrive EARLY and meet in the band hall. “To be EARLY, is to be ON TIME.”
- DRESS: We will be outside, in the sun, for the majority of the afternoon/evening. Wear warm weather athletic clothing (school appropriate), supportive undergarments, & tennis shoes/socks. A hat, sunglasses, and sunscreen are highly recommended. Bringing a change of clothes for after dinner would be a smart idea as well… unless you enjoy wearing smelly clothing all day.
- WHAT TO BRING: Instrument (unless we provide it), large mouth water jug prefilled with ice water, 3 ring binder and sheet protectors (to store music), large beach towel (you will want to sit on this, rather than the concrete or grass… trust me), and a healthy meal to eat during our dinner break.
- DINNER BREAK: No student will be permitted to leave campus. Parents may drop off a dinner for a student, but should not plan on staying. Dinner break will be from 5:30-6:15p in the cafeteria each day.
- PARENT DROP OFF/PICK UP: Please avoid using the front bus loop for drop off and pick up. It quickly becomes congested and has caused multiple issues in the past. Plan on dropping off/picking up your child in just about ANY other lot at the front or back of the school. To reduce the number of people on campus at any given time, parents are strongly encouraged to stay in their vehicle when picking up their child.
- ABSENCES: A director or staff member will need to be notified of any absence as early as possible. Email or text notifications are preferred. Understand that being tired or sore is not an excusable absence.
- MEDICAL PAPERWORK: In order to keep your child safe, please make every effort to submit the Band Health Form and the Over the Counter Medication Permission Form. Hard copies of these forms are in the band room, and electronic copies can be found HERE.
- Additional tips on how to prepare for all of our summer band rehearsals can be found in the following link: Preparing for Summer Band Camp Video
If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to ask. I look forward to seeing everyone on the 14th!