Tuesday - Jazz 1 Brass sectional, 3:30-4:30p; Band Booster Meeting, 6:00p; Rehearsal, 6:00-9:00p
Wednesday - JEN Induction Help Session, 3:30-4:15p; UWF Jazz Concert (optional), 7:30p
Thursday - Half Day for Students; call time for HOCO Parade is 3:30p at Pace Community Church - students will be dismissed AFTER the Community Pep Rally around 6:00p in the stadium (see email from last week for details); High School Fall Festival Party is from 9-10p (call time will be 8:30p for this optional performance)
Friday - No School; Rehearsal, 2:00-4:30p (pizza dinner provided after rehearsal) Home vs. Quincy, call time is 6:00p*
*Students may not leave campus after the rehearsal - please bring everything you need for the game to the rehearsal that afternoon
Saturday - Visual Rehearsal, 7:30a call time (bring everything you need for the performance that day); Full Itinerary for this day is available below; Parents wishing to attend this performance will need to purchase a ticket at the Fort Walton Beach High School gate for $6 or $7
Marching MPA Itinerary - FULL DAY
Marching MPA Performance Schedule
Please do everything possible to be in attendance at school and rehearsals on a daily basis. Students who miss the Thursday evening rehearsal (excused OR unexcused) will not be permitted to perform the 2021 Show that Friday/Saturday. This policy is listed in the Band Handbook.
Our Marching Music Performance Assessment (MPA) is THIS Saturday, October 9th at Fort Walton Beach High School.
- This is a mandatory, adjudicated performance for all marching band students.
- Since the Homecoming Dance is ALSO that evening, we have requested the earliest performance time slot. The MPA schedule & itinerary was posted on the website last week, and is also posted in the band hallway.
- As soon as the band has finished their performance, we will be loading busses and departing back to Pace High School. All band students will still have the opportunity to attend the dance that evening.
- Please remember that any student who wish to be checked out after their MPA performance, instead of riding the buses back to the school, will need to email Mr. Denaro no later than Thursday, October 7th.
Open Private Lesson times are available before and after school. Each band student is responsible for taking TWO private lessons each 9-weeks, and is a significant portion of their grade. Please do not wait until the end of the nine weeks to complete this assignment. This is 40% of your nine weeks grade.
Our Florida Indian River Citrus Fundraiser has begun, and is completely digital this year. The more each student sells, the more profit is credited directly back to their individual band account!
Share this information on social media!
1) Direct link to make a purchase:
2) Place an order through our website, using your group’s unique ID number:
• Go to www.FloridaIndianRiverGroves.com
• Select “Order Now”
• Enter your group’s ID Number, 531690